RATHNELLY AREA RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
The Republic of Rathnelly is one of Toronto’s great historic neighbourhoods; a special island in the heart of the city where we care about each other and value neighbourliness, open-mindedness, and a good party.
The Rathnelly Area Residents Association (RARA) represents the residents of the geographic area bounded by Macpherson Avenue to the south, Poplar Plains Crescent to the north, the west side of Avenue Road to the east, and the east side of Poplar Plains Road to the west.
Membership in RARA is open to all dues-paying residents who live within the official boundaries. Annual and multi-year memberships can be purchased on the Store page of this website.
RARA strives to deliver value to our members by creating a platform for community connection focused on the following priorities:
- Engaging the whole community in inclusive and unexpected ways
- Supporting a communal environment that is a great place to grow up and where we take care of each other
- Taking stewardship for our shared green spaces and our safety
- Representing our priorities to the city through political representatives at all levels
- Bringing the community together to have fun and celebrate our history
The RARA executive members meet once a month to discuss matters of importance to the community and plan social events. Together we work for the betterment and connection of all members of our neighbourhood.
An Annual General Meeting is held in the late spring/early summer. Meeting details are announced through our newsletter, on our blog, and on the AGM page. Minutes from previous AGMs are available below.
Financial information for RARA is available below.
You can read a copy of the RARA Constitution here.
Please note RARA does not weigh in on Committee of Adjustment matters. Please follow the City of Toronto processes if you have concerns related to development in the area.