A History of Rebellion
Our neighbourhood has a long history and we are lucky that so much of it has been well documented. This section profiles how we became to Republic of Rathnelly as well as the many events that led to the settlement and building of our community.
- Spacing Magazine — Jan 2016
- Letter to Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau — 1969
- The Star – July 2012
- National Post- July 7, 2012
- The Adelaide Cousins Project Toronto Entry
- Seccessionist movements of Canada – Wikipedia entry
- South Hill – Wikipedia entry
- Toronto Star Monday – May 19, 1986
- The Leader – May 25 1859
- Rathnelly Memories
- HISTORY – David Dunkelman
- MacPherson – The Village Post – Jeanne Hopkins
- McMaster – undated column
The following pictures from the area came from the Toronto Archives; a fabulous resource for our community. The pictures provide insight to the area over the 1890 to 1950 period. Click on the images to enlarge.